Apr 2020 2 Minutes
The 8 Steps to Take Right Now for JobKeeper Payments
Enrolment is now open for the government's JobKeeper Payment scheme and Walker Wayland are here to help you with what you (or your business) can be doing to receive this payment.
The following steps are what you can be doing right now:
- Checking your eligibility for JobKeeper as an employer and/or as a sole trader or other entity (the business participation entitlement).
- Identify all eligible employees, starting with those on payroll as at 1 March 2020.
- Check if your business can afford to pay all eligible employees at least $1500 each per fortnight plus associated costs.
- If the decision to participate in JobKeeper is made, then as an employer, you must notify each eligible employee that you are intending to nominate them as eligible employees under the JobKeeper scheme.
- Employees must complete the JobKeeper employee nomination notice and return it to their employer by the end of April to claim JobKeeper payments for April. Eligible employees must agree to being nominated.
- Ensure eligible employees are paid at least $1500 a fortnight in line with existing pay cycles through existing payroll solutions.
- From Monday 20 April, enrol for JobKeeper payments. Enrolment must be completed by the end of April to receive JobKeeper payments for April.
- From Monday 4 May, apply to claim JobKeeper and confirm the eligible employees using employee data prefilled from STP reports or otherwise entered manually.
Walker Wayland are here to help you and your business through this difficult time. Please contact your accountant and they can guide you in the next steps to take.