Oct 2020 2 Minutes
Better Business Series – November 2020
Family Law and Business - Future proof your assets!
Family business are sometimes the casualty of separations and divorce, but that doesn’t have to be the case if you protect your assets early!
Come along to our presentation on Wednesday 25th November, where Jorja Brady and Nicole Croft from Carr & Co will speak to us about how divorce doesn’t have to be a disaster for a family business and what you can be doing as an asset protection strategy.
Carr & Co practice exclusively in family law and have experience in the preparation of complicated financial and child related proceedings. They regularly instruct senior and junior counsel in defended interim and final hearings in the Family Court of Western Australia.
Jorja and Nicole will run us through:
- How the business or a party’s interest in the business will be treated in a financial settlement and at what value?
- Directors and shareholders rights, duties and obligations in the event of a separation.
- What to do in the event of a dispute?
- To sell? To transfer? To restructure? Opportunity knocks.
- The role of financial agreements as an asset protection strategy
Date: Wednesday, 25th November 2020
Time: 5:30pm – for a 6:00pm start
Location: Level 3, 1 Preston Street, Como*
*Based on the latest health advice, Phase 5 of the WA COVID-19 roadmap will not be implemented on the 24 October 2020 as planned (no new tentative date has been set at this point). To comply with social distancing guidelines, we will be limiting numbers for this event, with the possibility of having additional access to a virtual event.