Jul 2019 1 Minute
Leadership Is Critical the Culture your Pharmacy
Culture affects everything about a pharmacy business, and a leader has a significant impact on the culture within that pharmacy.
Leadership is the way that leaders influence team members towards the achievement of an organisation’s goals and can neither be performed by one person, nor in isolation.
Leadership is about telling people:
- why they’re doing certain things;
- what needs to be done to achieve results;
- where are we going;
- who are we;
- what is the pharmacy trying to achieve;
- what is the pharmacy good at;
- what is happening in the marketplace;
- is the pharmacy reacting to what is happening in the marketplace;
- what is the identity of the pharmacy; and
- what does this pharmacy mean to customers, team members and the wider community?
The leader’s role is to encourage the entire team to work together to understand the goals and visions and how those goals are going to be achieved.
This requires effective delegation to have been introduced throughout the organisation so the leader doesn’t have to do everything.
Lastly, it is important that the leader sets the agenda and parameters of the culture for the organisation.